Sensor Bot Workshop with IET, BIT Mesra
Ardubotics organized a workshop on Robotics using Arduino with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), student chapter, BIT Mesra. The workshop was held on 9th, 11th and 12th of August in the DSP Lab, EEE Department. It was attended by 30 students from BIT Mesra. This workshop introduced the students to the world of Microcontrollers and how to make devices using them. The students were given hands-on training on the Robotics kits provided by Ardubotics. The students made 20 SensorBots during the workshop which can detect obstacles around them and navigate by itself avoiding those obstacles.
During the workshop the students learnt :
1. Basic Electronics Prototyping.
2. Programming an Arduino Microcontroller board.
3. Digital and Analog Input/Output.
4. Serial Communication between Microcontroller and Computer.
5. Using LEDs, Buzzer, Sensors.
6. Using a DC motor and controlling its Direction and Speed.
7. Making a SensorBot using Proximity Sensors.
9. Making Autonomous Robots and Smart Systems.
The workshop was received well by the students and inspired them to take up Embedded systems and Robotics and gave them ideas to make their own smart systems.
The practical knowledge gained by the students during the workshop will help the students in their academic, professional and day to day life.